Create a Holiday Preorder
Preorders are most effective when you allow your best customers to have a guaranteed spot for your holiday orders. A well run preorder campaign will generate a ton of brand loyalty with the customers that matter most to your business. We use the Private Listing feature to make this happen. Once you've followed the steps in the video below, you can copy the link and send it to your customers via email newsletter, social media, or even start a text chain!
Here are a couple of things to keep in mind
- At the top of the Short Description clearly state the dates for Preorders and when the product will go on sale to the general public.
- Anyone who has the private URL can see and order the product, so if one of your VIP customers shares the link with a friend, that friend could now place an order. This is not necessarily a bad thing. When you bend the rules for customers you create loyalty for your brand.
- You could set an 'Available quantity' limit while your product is on Preorder, then when it goes on sale to the general public, change the 'Available quantity' limit up or down based on how your Preorders went.
- Short Description states dates for Preorders, General Sales, and Pickup Dates.
- Product Type could be any, but in this example we use Simple Products.
- Private Listing box is 'Checked'